Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dixie



Not quite a month ago, I stopped to look at some Lab mix pups, free for the taking, in a Wal-Mart parking lot. I have done this many times and gone on my way. This time, the guy was way too smart as he held her and stroked her and suddenly reached in the car and put her on my shoulder. She began licking my throat and my face - next thing I knew she was coming home with me. It has been 50 years since I had a young puppy and I had forgotten the many lessons to learn (for both of us!) and the many weeks and months it takes to settle in. She is a love, is great company, and has me moving around more than I have in years!

Painting, once again, suffers although I have managed to start an 8x10 of clouds - the first in a series of six cloud paintings. Dixie and I are making progress so I'm sure painting and I will progress also - and the results will appear once again on my blog.

2 comments:

The Big Clutter said...

Dixie is adorable....I'm happy for both of you! And I'm glad you're doing clouds. I'm always drawn to the clouds in your paintings. Hope to see you (and your clouds) soon!

Ginger

Ruth Andre said...

Love you new little pup. She is a sweet girl and will surely keep you moving.