Tuesday, September 23, 2008

An Apple a Day #4



When I lived in Mountainair, NM, I had a banana apple tree that produced the most wonderful fruit each fall. Banana apples are an heirloom variety and the only ones I have ever eaten came from that tree. They are yellow, crisp and crunchy, both sweet and tart, and smell faintly like bananas. Every time I see a yellow apple, I remember that tree and smile.

New Mexico vegetation had some allergens for me but nothing like those in Oklahoma. All categories are high this week and have ramped up a chronic inflammatory disease that cycles through my system. So, plans for painting outdoors are once again postponed until we get a frost that will knock out the allergens. Thus I will return tomaking almost-daily still life paintings or working from photographs for the immediate future. Overcoming frustrations and challenges is an important aspect of creativity - at least that is what I am telling myself. Adaptation and flexibility are becoming my mantras for the time being.

No comments: