Friday, November 21, 2008

Piers II



This is a second version of this image and is very similar to the first. This time, however, I kept the range of colors much closer. The first version had a lot of lavender-gray tones throughout and I have almost completely removed them. This relates to the color-on-color paintings I have been doing, although the color variations are not as subtle as in the fruit paintings. The view through this structure fascinates me and I am tempted to paint it yet again - maybe with exuberant colors that will change the narrative entirely.

That, however, is for another day. I am taking off for the Thanksgiving holiday and won't have any new posts until early December. To those of you who are reading this, I wish you a time of thanksgiving for all that we have and freedom from concerns about what we do not have.

No comments: