Friday, November 14, 2008

Pumpkin



Once again it has been far too long since I blogged - and since I finished a painting, for that matter. I do have two large ones underway that I should finish next week. I have no more museum tours before Thanksgiving and that really frees up the necessary blocks of time.

I have also been active in learning more about arts organizations. Ten or so of us are meeting Sunday to discuss a joint open studio in April. Some of us have also been looking into the feasibility of creating a Norman Arts organization but there is much to consider and it all takes time. I find myself wanting to limit my activities, knowing that I could get all wrapped up in the process and do no painting at all. My limited production in recent weeks stands as testimony to that. However, it is all important and worthy of time and energy.

The holidays are upon us and I look forward to spending time with my family. This pumpkin painting certainly made my mouth water for Thankgiving's pumpkin pie! I am still enjoying painting color on color and have several more of these to post. The peachy red background for the peach and the orange for the pumpkin lent themselves to this way of painting. The others I have done are red on red and I find those much more difficult. However, the last two I did turned out well so that please me.

Until tomorrow!

No comments: