Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Red Pear on Red



This is the last of color-on-color paintings for awhile - but I will be getting back to them after Thanksgiving. I am thinking about other ways of exploring this technique, especially in landscapes. I have some vague ideas but haven't pulled them into concrete form yet.

Currently I am working on some small cloud paintings to submit for a juried show - the first time I have tried that avenue and it will be interesting to see what comes of it. Sue Clancy, a fantastic and successful Norman artist, recommended a book by Caroll Michels, "How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist", which I have purchased and am reading/using as a reference. It is a great guide and I need to learn/apply these approaches if I want to be a professional artist. It sounds so strange to think of myself that way but I am working on it. The long hiatus I recently took from this blog - and from much painting - is part of that process. I think I have now made a big stride forward in this regard and so am being productive again. "It's all process" - I have said that so many times to so many people over the years, now I am saying it to myself!

No comments: