Monday, October 13, 2008

A Peach of a Peach



I have to admit that I love this little painting. It was a happy accident that the fabric I had matched some of the colors in the peach so well. I wish it reproduced better so the subtle variations of color would be more obvious. I'm not sure what the shadows on the edges are about as they are not on the image that I uploaded.

One of the great things I have learned recently is that everything out there is a potential subject. It seems obvious but I was so focused on landscapes that I really didn't look at other possible ideas for paintings. Now I know that I don't have to go anywhere but to my studio to make a painting that challenges me and gives me genuine pleasure...and that is such a gift. Having said that, I am really ready to tackle another landscape and hope to get one well underway tomorrow.

No comments: