Friday, October 3, 2008

Clouds #2



Most of us have looked for faces or animals while watching clouds float by on a lazy day. That's not what I was doing or trying to replicate when I made this painting, but looking at it several days later I saw a woman's face. Then my cousin emailed asking if I had seen the woman's face and the man's. That really caught me by surprise but when I looked again, there he was. It is really surprising what you can do without any awareness of it.

I am struggling now with another cloud painting. I was trying to tie the clouds to the ground and have ended up painting the Sandia Mountains as much as the clouds - suddenly I have a small landscape which was not my intention at all. So, now I have to figure out what I want to do to finish that painting - that's my goal for the morning.

No comments: