Monday, October 6, 2008

White Sue



This is the first of four paintings Richard McKown is making of me. Being a model is an amazing experience - the collaborative nature of the process was stronger than I ever could have imagined. It is wonderful to watch the work progress through the evening and from one session to the next. We pretty much work two nights per week - three hours per night. Lots of conversation relating to art - with breaks at the computer looking up and discussing other artists' paintings. No one could be a better mentor to me and I am so appreciative of his guidance.

I have a few more small paintings to post but plan to start some larger ones, which will take more time. Depending on how they go, I may post some paintings-in-progress so you can see how I work. Meanwhile Richard has started on a second painting of me. The pose is similar but the colors - lavender on lavender with gold - are in the same value range so there will not be the hgh contrast. It will be fun to see how it develops.

No comments: