Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Waterfall



This painting is the second and last one I painted from someone else's photograph. I was intrigued with painting water and waterfalls and loved both the colors and the composition of this one. I also experimented with a pallet knife - using it to form some of the rocks. It was more difficult than I imagined it would be but I liked the effects.

The painting I am currently working on is another waterfall - the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River - and it is proving to be quite a challenge for me. However, I am also starting to paint some still lives and will likely give them priority for awhile. The need to have a place to arrange objects for still lives has forced me to address space issues in my studio/laundry room. This week I have moved out a storage unit and rearranged my work area. It is going to be a much better space for painting and I'm excited to get started.

No comments: